Monday, May 4, 2009

BAD KARMA

Well, I did it.

Last Wednesday I ran my mouth about how great Carlos Zambrano is and how much he means to this year's ball club, and now he is on the DL for 2-3 weeks with a hamstring injury.

I am going to call this bad karma. I did this with Mark Prior and Kerry Wood too. I know it is early in the year, but this hurts the Cubs BIG TIME. Unless Jeff Samardija can come up and really hurl the ball, the Cubs are going to suffer from this injury. Big Z was starting to hit his spots and really began to look like the Big Z of old when he injured his hamstring running out a bunt attempt.

This is why I love Carlos Zambrano: He gets hurt running out a bunt. Not falling out of a jacuzzi or breaking a fingernail (like certain Cubs of old...cough cough).

The next 2-3 weeks will be tough, but let's hope the Cubs can sustain.

No comments:

Post a Comment