Saturday, May 9, 2009

Uh Oh...


Well, here we are again North Siders!

Another day, another injury. Does it ever end? I hate excuses (I live by Vince Vaughn's Rule #86: No Excuses, Play Like a Champion) and don't want to seem too "ohh poor Cubs fans" here, but come on! Can we catch a break?! Every season it is something; a dislocated shoulder, a torn hamstring, a bruised ego...It goes on and on and on (and onnnnnnnnn).

Last night in Milwaukee, Aramis Ramirez dislocated his shoulder for the third time in his career. It is said that he could miss up to 6 weeks. Sweet!

Now to my point of interest: Why the hell did we trade Mark DeRosa again? Can anyone tell me what we were thinking? Go ahead, give me the reasons: We had to clear up some cash (wrong!), we are going to get Jake Peavy (wrong again!) or we got Aaron Miles and Kevin Gregg instead (2 for 1 trade, right? WRONG!). This is really upsetting to me as you can tell. But don't worry Cubs fans, we went ahead and got former Cincinnati Reds utility man Ryan Freel! Yayyyyy!

Jim Hendry and the Cubs felt the need to trade a guy, DeRosa, who hit .285, hit 21 home runs and drove in 87 with the Cubs last season for what? NOTHING.

It should be fun and really interesting to watch the platoon we are about to trek to the Hot Spot in the coming weeks.

All I can say is: D-Lee get your glove ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment